7/1/10

My guides through the Grand Baazar.

It is located on the European side of Istanbul and I live on the Asian side. So I took this lovely boat across the Bosphorus Straight. Istanbul is the only city in the world that is separated by two continents.


This is an indoor market unlike anything I have ever experienced. There is a section that is 1000 years old and another that is 500 years old. It smelled like wet dog, incense and a hint of tourist trap scamming.



It goes on for miles and miles with separate districts for antiques, fabrics, dishes, jewelry, fur coats- you name it, they have it.

Shopping with Esra was difficult- we have real different tastes in things to buy, and a nanny can only tell her boss "no" politely so many times. So, Im coming back to the states with a few more old lady gifts than planned.


my eyes were tired leaving.
so much to take in.