1/17/12

The bum of a nanny.

No you can't call your Mom. Phone in left pocket. No you can't watch TV. Remote in right pocket. 
No you can't call your Mom. Phone in left pocket. No you can't watch TV. Remote in right pocket.
No you can't call your Mom. Phone in left pocket. No you can't watch TV. Remote in right pocket.
No you can't call your Mom. Phone in left pocket. No you can't watch TV. Remote in right pocket.
No you can't call your Mom. Phone in left pocket. No you can't watch TV. Remote in right pocket.


Hair thrown up into a messy bun, I didn't have time to get ready myself while getting the kids ready. I wear a casual sweater, normally something easy to clean because of the stains I will undoubtedly get while serving dinner. I have this concerned "eat your food" glare in my eyes. The kitchen door is shut so nobody can sneak out of the kitchen while my back is turned. On the fridge is a daily schedule printed by the mom.   If I could just have one perfect day that we actually ran the planned timetable I would feel like a success. Just once in four months..


Alas, I am done with this job in two short weeks, and I don't see it happening.