7/31/12

homesick

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and just missed someone so much that it makes you want to cry? 








I know, I know, what they all say "this too shall pass" and that if I just give it enough time the sting of leaving Madrid will fade. 
AND I am completely aware that life moves in one direction and that situations change so there is no going backwards to a certain moment that you want to live again.

But because moving away is so fresh, there are days that I catch myself standing dazed in front of the cereal isle or at the swimming pool. I wander lost in the parking lot, or mindlessly unpacking boxes in total daydream. My mind is SO far away from what I am actually doing that it takes a minute to remember my simple tasks. 

The hardest thing to leave are friends.
 It is quite sad to leave the loved ones you become so close with, and relate to in so many fun and interesting ways. I would be lying if I said that my days aren't full of deep lung cleansing sighs and I hopeless melancholy stupors. But my main focus through all of this transition is, at least I have something to miss. 

At least I can say that I opened myself up enough to meet really great people and learn so much about them. I was able to share thoughts, learn cultures and open my eyes like I have never been able to do before. 
For that, I am a lucky girl.