2/19/14

Crabbing



I have two very good friends from Madrid that have moved to the states. They came to visit me in Austin last summer and I promised I would come out and see them in California.




So last weekend I went to San Francisco.


They took me crabbing under the Golden Gate Bridge.


The process goes like this: You put meat in a small cage in the middle of the nets.



Then you throw the nets into the water. They will eventually sink to the ocean floor and lay flat.


Then after 15 minutes you pull the rope up.


And watch for seals that will tear your nets and steal your fish.


Then you check for sizes, if the crabs are 5 inches or bigger and they are yours for dinner!


It was a wonderful trip, and I will be back soon!


To throw this beauty a baby shower!!! Congrats again Liesa!