5/28/14

Storm King

This weekend I decided to get out of the city and go to Storm King Art Center. 
It is a 500 acre open-air museum located in Mountainville, New York and claims to be the largest collection of contemporary outdoor sculpture in the United States. 
It. was. huge. 
and. awesome.



When going to Storm King you pick a green trail and start walking around the beautiful rolling hills and frequently stumble upon amazing contemporary pieces.






It was a great day to go. 
There were tons of kids running around and happy city people glad to be out of the craziness of New York.



I was so surprised to stumble upon a boat by Roy Lichtenstein.
So rad.

I'm a bit of a Mom when it comes to packing. I'm always prepared for all of the "what ifs"
So, that means a jacket (or two), a camera, two camera batteries, snacks, a sketchbook, a book to read, water.. I mean... I would bring my entire room with me everywhere.


So sometimes I have to rest. 
Cause my pack is too bloody heavy.


A lot of the work is built for interaction.

Like these super cool chairs made out of coins. 


One of the best parts of the exhibit was the gallery that was showing Zhang Huan. 



These pieces below were made of incense prayer ash from temples in China.




It was a great day trip, and I would recommend it for anyone who likes art and enjoys getting outside.