6/4/14

Happy Wednesday

Everyone should remember the 90's. Period. 


What about the 90's?

Let's start with this little gold nugget: Baz Lurhmann's version of Romeo and Juliet. 

After seeing it one time, the soundtrack was stuck on repeat for years. (aprox 1995-1998) Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio made my 5th grade face melt off from the hot heat of their love. To be honest, this was the first time I took serious notes from Hollywood heartthrobs. I remember watching the VHS tape over and over studying ways to be more like Juliet, because maybe- just maybe I would meet Leo one day while looking through a fish tank he would be swept off his feet by my rehearsed perfection. 
I learned valuable things like: have soft big eyes, wear my hair half up, buy giant angel wings.. check, check and check. 
From this movie, a crush was born that was unlike any crush you have the rest of your life... It was my first infatuation.
romeo-juliet-love-first-sight

((don't even get me started on Titanic)) 




Last week while meeting a friend outside of NBC Studios for lunch in New York City I had the moment I had been waiting for. I saw and made this kind of eye contact with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Leo Dicaprio romeo



..but he looked a tad different than I remembered him.
My perfect Romeo had bags under his bloodshot eyes and a low brimmed baseball cap. He looked tired, kinda like he had been partying pretty hard. While still old man handsome, I can't say my Juliet game was on point. My hair was tied in a tight bun and I was in a pencil skirt and flats with "work blows" written on my forehead. (In my defense I didn't have angel wings OR a fish tank to look through.)
romeo-juliet-kiss




Still not satisfied with accomplishing my dream I will just live on and say... until next time Leo. Until next time. You will always be my 90's infatuation.